Of all the organs in the body, the skin is the most versatile of all. It is the only organ that is directly and constantly open to the outside world. The skin protects us from external agents, from heat and cold, air and the elements, bacteria, it is waterproof, repairs and lubricates itself and even removes some residues from the body. Like our hair and nails, it reflects both our physical and mental health. The skin can signal internal diseases with changes in color or texture, with the appearance of pimples or blemishes. It provides a sense of touch, which can be rough or delicate, soft or wrinkled, as needs or age dictate.
The skin on our face is very sensitive and delicate since it is always in contact with the environment. To have a soft, moisturized, nourished and radiant skin, it is necessary to take specialized care and avoid exposure to heat, cold, dryness and sun rays that sometimes can cause irreparable damage that is difficult to hide.
How is our skin affected?
Proper skincare is vital if you care about your physical appearance. Sick skin tends to appear pale and dull, while healthy skin glows. Wrinkles develop more easily and are deeper if your skin is dehydrated and can cause irregular blemishes. When the skin is sick, it loses elasticity, which can cause it to sag and look thin. Proper skin care isn’t just about looking good, it’s about staying healthy. Bad skin care habits can cause rashes, sores, acne, and wrinkles. Sick skin is more susceptible to disease, infection, and is more likely to heal slowly after an injury. Proper care is especially important for people who have skin problems, such as psoriasis, or who have skin allergies.
Easy skincare recommendations
It is important that you incorporate a daily skincare regime in your daily routine to prevent wrinkles, spots, and marks from appearing over time. Soon, you will come to realize that this daily routine becomes a lifestyle that you can’t do without when you witness the improvement in your skin.
1. Hydrate properly: Drinking water throughout the day ensures that your skin is always hydrated and prevents dryness caused by the weather or climate.
2. Wash your face every morning and night: By cleaning your skin, you remove the oil that is generated when you sleep and the excess dirt that your skin accumulates during the day.
3. Use face cream: Avoid using products that are meant for the body as they have extra oils and chemicals that may not be suitable for the skin. Make sure to use the best skin care brands that offer natural and organic options.
4. Eat properly: A balanced diet makes your skin healthy.
5. Use makeup that protects your skin: Buying and using makeup products that have a lot of chemicals causes your skin to become dry. Try to choose brands that offer organic skin care related products.
6. Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week: This activity allows your skin to regenerate by removing all the dead cells.
7. Protect yourself from the sun: Use sunscreen every day to protect your skin from UV light. Over-exposure causes not only dryness or burns but long-term changes that can lead to premature aging or even skin cancer. Sunscreens should be applied before sunset and reapplied every two hours, they should be applied generously, most people do not apply enough.
Some extra tips
The skin is so wonderfully self-sufficient that we may think that we are guaranteed to have nice skin our whole life or that we can abuse it without problems. But it deserves and requires proper care, especially as we get older.
Other skincare suggestion not many people tell you about is about the right water temperature you need to use. Skin needs moisture to survive, so avoid using hot water when washing your face, as heat absorbs moisture from your skin. Try using warm or cold water instead. Although the skin must be kept clean, excessive washing with soap will dry it out, depriving it of its natural lubricant: sebum. Soap can also cause allergic reactions. If that happens, we should choose a product marked “hypoallergenic”.
Moisturizing products help to lubricate the skin with an oil-water emulsion lotion and are not absorbed beyond the outermost layer of the skin. If you have a problem with dry skin, use an oil-based lotion instead of the problematic area several times a day, lookout for the best skincare brands in the market.